DATES: February 24, 25 & March 3, 4
TIME: 10 am to 5 pm
COST: $800 / register by January 15 for $695
This course is developed to align your body, breath and mind to the practice of meditation. You will learn techniques to strengthen your awareness, and to guide you naturally into a meditative state so you will come away with the benefits of a lifelong meditation practice.
We live in a time where scientific evidence has now proven and published the benefits and uses of meditation. Meditation is known to reduce stress and anxiety, improve overall mental health and well-being, and relax and soothe all the body systems. Come learn how to create more space inside your life so that you can experience the best version of yourself.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Finding a comfortable seat
- Breathing techniques to soothe the body, calm the mind, and guide you into deeper states of meditative awareness
- Using concentration to still your thoughts
- Connecting to the four main elements of meditation practice: body, breath, mind, and stillness
- The neurology of meditation and how it affects our brain
- The psychology of meditation and how it affects our thoughts and emotions
- The physics of meditation and how it positively influences our reality
- The anatomy of meditation
- Guest speakers and experts to share what science is saying about meditation
Meditation is a practice of mental hygiene to cleanse and strengthen the mind, and is as important as brushing our teeth. It is our goal to help you incorporate this practice into your daily life so that you can experience its innumerous gifts.